We all want to be safe this year, so I went to "The Center of Disease Control" the CDC, who know more about safety than I.
My advice for parents
1. Don't sweat the small stuff. If you drop a tray of cupcakes or a costume isn't staying together, don't make your part of the holiday, rain or shine in success, absorb the day. Enjoy others successful, if you fail, just as you would want them to enjoy yours. So rather than morn you lost, sit back, relax and eat another kids mom brownie.
2. Don't make this day JUST about honoring the dead. Even if you are painfully mourning a dearly beloved your current life more attention than those who moved.
3. Don't make this day, JUST a children's day of fun and games. Do take sometime to honor the day between all the trick - or - treating and parties to meditate.
4. Don't be afraid to change plans.
5. Most importantly, children eventually go to bed, so have fun!
From my family to your may you all have a Blessed Samhain and Happy Halloween!